Vancouver Westside Presales And New Condos
The West Side of Vancouver is home to some of the City’s most expensive real estate. The Downtown sections of the West Side consists mostly of Condos and Apartments. The West Side south and west of Kitsilano is primarily single family detached homes, mixed in with townhouses and some low-rise and high-rise buildings. The Westside pre-construction condos you see above are updated for 2023. Read more…
The Row on French On Vancouver’s West Side
Vanwell Homes presents The Row on French on Vancouver’s West Side, a collection of 24 distinctive urban residences. This project…
Wordsworth At UBC Wesbrook Village
Wordsworth by Polygon Homes will be located in UBC's Wesbrook Village on Vancouver’s West Side. This project will consist of…
SOTO On Cambie Corridor
SOTO on West 28th Avenue and Ash Street otherwise know as SOTO on W28 is a new townhouse project by…
Ashleigh Oakridge On Cambie Corridor
Ashleigh Oakridge on Cambie Corridor located on Vancouver’s West Side, is a 133-unit condominium development by Peterson Group and Alabaster…
Thesis On Vancouver West Side
Thesis, a 4-storey condominium project by Alabaster Homes is located in the popular Oakridge neighbourhood of Vancouver’s West Side. This…
Hampton Court On Vancouver’s West Side
Aneek Developments presents Hampton Court, a set of 7 exclusive freehold townhomes to the Fairview neighbourhood of Vancouver's West Side.…
Balfour On Vancouver’s West Side
Wesgroup Properties presents Balfour on Vancouver’s West Side and will offer a mix of condos, townhouses, and rental apartments. The development…
Dahlia On Cambie Corridor
Dahlia, the newest luxury residences a part of the QE Collection by Sightline Properties features sophisticated design and comfortable living…
5656 Balaclava on Vancouver’s West Side
5656 Balaclava by Hon Developments coming to Vancouver’s Westside will introduce a 5-storey condominium project. This development will offer 79 modern…
Astrid In Cambie Vilage
Astrid by Enera Enterprises brings 40 stacked townhomes and garden homes to the Cambie Village community. These ideally located and…
Savannah On Vancouver West Side
South Cambie is getting a beautiful collection of 36 parkside townhomes and garden flats, overlooking the beautiful Winona Park. Savannah…
Grace | Vancouver West Side
Grace townhouses located on Vancouver’s West Side developed by Vincini Homes. Coming to the South Cambie neighbourhood, Grace will bring 43…
Vancouver Westside Presale Market Dynamics
The Westside of Vancouver is home to some of the most exclusive and prestigious neighbourhoods in Vancouver. Property prices on the West side also are the highest in the Vancouver area.
The Westside is extremely popular with real estate investors. Prices for condos on the Westside of Vancouver have increase 64.5% in from 2009 to 2019.
Supply of new condos and presales is limited due to extremely restrictive City of Vancouver development policies coupled with local opposition to density.
This extremely limited supply and high and ongoing to demand should see continued price appreciation for the forseeable future for condos on the Vancouver’s Westside.
Vancouver Westside Information
There are some areas of new development on the Westside of Vancouver with presale and new condos particularly in Mount Pleasant, Kitsilano, The Cambie Corridor, Coal Harbour, Downtown Vancouver, False Creek, UBC, & Yaletown.
The West side refers the any part of the City of Vancouver (including Downtown Vancouver) that is located west of Ontario Street. Anywhere in Downtown Vancouver that is east of Ontario Street is officially in East Vancouver or known as Downtown East in the MLS.
Newcomers are often confused by the terms West Side and West End of Vancouver.
Located within the West side of Vancouver is the Downtown neighbourhood of the West End.
The West End is an urban neighbourhood on the Western end of the Downtown Vancouver Peninsula. It is bordered by Burrard Street & Stanley Park and from English Bay to Georgia Street. The West End is primarily high rise apartments and condos with some of the highest population densities in North America.
The West side of Vancouver is the area of the city that encompass the West End and many other neighbourhoods.
The West side of Vancouver is bordered by Ontario Street in the east, the Fraser River to the south, Burrard Inlet to the north and English Bay to the west.
Most neighbourhoods on the Westside of Vancouver are developed and mature.
There is a broad mix of housing types in the area including condos, townhouses, apartments, and single family houses with students of the University of British Columbia residing here. There are plenty of heritage homes in these neighbourhoods.
According to the 2016 Census, the population of the City of Vancouver is 631,486 with a 4.6% increase since 2011.
West Side Amenities:
- The best beaches are on the west side: Jericho, Wreck, Towers, Locarno and Spanish Banks.
- Some of Vancouver’s top restaurants.
- The University of British Columbia – A top rated university with a law & medical school surrounded by gorgeous beaches and forests with stunning views.
- Pacific Spirit Park hiking and walking trails
- Southlands Riding Club – urban-based equestrian community.
- Golf Courses: McLeery Golf course, UBC Golf Course, Point Grey Golf & Country Club, Musqueam Golf, Marine Drive Golf Club, Shaughnessy Golf & Country Club (private)
West Side Neighbourhoods:
- Arbutus Ridge – an affluent neighbourhood in a central location on Vancouver’s West End with stunning views of the North Shore mountains and access to downtown, beaches, parks and much more!
- Dunbar-Southlands – a calm, residential neighbourhood, which is also home to the Musqueam First Nation land.
- False Creek – a short inlet that separates downtown from the rest of the city and offers beautiful views. This area was also the site for the Olympic Winter Games Opening Ceremonies.
- Granville Island/Fairview – is a tourist area of the city. The notable public market is home to various shops and eateries. An artist haven is found nearby. Housing consists of co-ops, apartments and condos.
- South Cambie–Oakridge – an upper middle class neighbourhood in the centre of the city. Detached 1970s homes, some heritage properties. Oakridge Shopping Centre is located in the area.
- Kerrisdale– 41st Ave. is the areas shopping area
- Kitsilano – a beach-side community with a view of English Bay. Mix of homes and shops.
- Marpole – the gateway into Vancouver, connecting 3 bridges and the SkyTrain bridge.
- Shaughnessy – is home to the city’s affluent. Large detached houses some are heritage properties from pre-1950s.
- South Cambie – many medical centers and hospitals here.
- West Point Grey – is a pre-1976 neighbourhood with a some UBC students and local families. The upper middle class to upper class lives here. Some luxury homes are found here.
To get an idea of real estate price trends in Vancouver, have a look at the most recent Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver Statistics.