Presale Condos in Langford, BC
Langford is a growing community on Vancouver Island, located just outside Victoria, BC, on the southern tip of Vancouver Island. It offers a variety of housing choices, including condos that cater to different budgets and preferences. See what the Langford Presale Condo market offers below are updated weekly for 2023. Read more…
Information about Langford, British Columbia
Langford, BC is a vibrant city on Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada.
As mentioned above, Victoria is BC’s capital and the central city of the Greater Victoria region that incorporates the core communities of the West Shore and the Saanich Peninsula. The core communities share Victoria’s fantastic climate, amenities and livability but with lower real estate prices. Langford has a good selection of presale condo developments, but many of the new condo developments in the Victoria area are located here.
The West Shore communities of Langford, Esquimalt, & Colwood have seen a huge amount of new condo development due to a pro-development political culture and a large amount of developable land. Langford currently has the largest selection of presale condo developments, which also tend to be less expensive than in other areas of Greater Victoria. Saanich also has quite a few new condo developments for similar reasons. We can help with presales across the Greater Victoria region.
Why is Langford a Good Investment for Presales and New Condos?
From a real estate investment perspective, especially for new condo developments, Langford is widely seen as a safe bet as it has a highly stable economy.
This is mainly due to Victoria’s large and growing government presence compared to Vancouver and the rest of British Columbia. Victoria is British Columbia’s capital city, with many stable, high-paying civil service jobs. The Royal Canadian Navy has its West Coast headquarters and large naval base in the Victoria West Shore suburb of Esquimalt. Victoria is also the location of several high-quality universities and other post-secondary institutions which offer more stable employment but are also a draw for high-quality tenants. The city and region also has a thriving tech sector that has generated many well-paying jobs.
The Victoria region has also seen significant population growth creating demand for new housing. The population of the Greater Victoria CMA was 367,770 in 2016 and increased by 8% by 2021 with a population of 397,237 representing an 8% increase according to the 2021 census.
Victoria and Vancouver Island are also popular with retirees and others who like the mild climate (warmer, less rain, and more sunshine than Vancouver) compared to the rest of Canada (Alberta in particular) and affordable housing compared to the Vancouver area.
With Victoria’s stability, prosperity, climate, and natural beauty, the development industry has created various new home and presale condo options in the Victoria area. Our clients who have purchased in the area have been very happy with the capital appreciation, rental revenue, and the joy of living in a new home these options offer.
Dane Kingsbury is Vancouver New Condo’s specialist for new condo developments in Langford, BC and can help you purchase a presale property and assist with buying and selling existing properties. Should you sign up for information on presale developments in Victoria, Dane will contact you to help.
- Westhills Stadium: This multi-purpose stadium hosts various sporting events and concerts throughout the year, including rugby, soccer, and lacrosse.
- City Centre Park: A popular recreational area with various amenities, including a sports field, outdoor track, playgrounds, a splash park, and a skate park. It also features the Eagle Ridge Community Centre, which offers fitness classes and programs.
- Goldstream Provincial Park: Located nearby, this park offers beautiful hiking trails, picnic areas, and the famous Goldstream Salmon Run during the fall season.
- Bear Mountain Resort: A premier golf destination with two championship courses designed by golf legends Jack Nicklaus and Steve Nicklaus. The resort also features a luxury hotel, spa facilities, and dining options.
- Luxton Fairgrounds: The site of the annual Luxton Fall Fair, which celebrates local agriculture and includes livestock displays, carnival rides, live entertainment, and much more.
- Millstream Village: A shopping center with various retail stores, restaurants, and services, providing residents and visitors with convenient shopping options.
- Glen Lake: A picturesque lake that offers swimming, kayaking, and paddleboarding opportunities. It also has a sandy beach area and a walking trail around the perimeter.
- Veteran’s Memorial Park: A serene memorial dedicated to Canadian veterans. It features beautiful landscaping, benches, and a peaceful atmosphere.
- All Fun Recreation Park: An amusement park with go-karts, mini-golf, batting cages, and bumper cars, providing entertainment for the whole family.
- West Shore Centre for Learning & Training: A community hub that offers various courses, workshops, and educational programs for people of all ages.
These are just a few examples of the amenities, things to do, and attractions in Langford, BC. The city has much to offer regarding outdoor activities, recreational facilities, and community events, making it an enjoyable place to visit or reside in.