Presale Condos in Port Coquitlam, BC
Just built on the edge of Port Coquitlam town centre, Altura is…DETAILS »
About Port Coquitlam
Port Coquitlam, affectionately known as “PoCo,” is a flourishing city in British Columbia, Canada, uniquely situated where the Fraser and Pitt Rivers converge.
This city is a hub of activity, boasting new developments like the sought-after presale condos and vibrant housing projects that cater to a modern lifestyle while preserving its natural beauty.
Its rich heritage is mirrored in historical edifices and cultural festivities, drawing a diverse community. With its expansive trails, including the renowned Traboulay PoCo Trail, it’s a paradise for outdoor lovers.
The city is also home to bustling markets and diverse eateries, offering a slice of urban life amidst its small-town ambiance.
The emergence of affordable housing options, makes PoCo an increasingly attractive destination for families and professionals, blending serene living with dynamic urban development.
The City of Port Coquitlam Amenities
- The population of Port Coquitlam 58,612 2016 census
- Family-friendly PoCo was named B.C.’s third most livable city, and 33rd out of 200 in Canada.
- Special qualities, including affordability, an accessible location, parks and trails, family-oriented services, a quaint historic downtown core, and a strong sense of community spirit.
- More Affordable housing, the lowest tax rates in Metro Vancouver.
- Central location, access to highway and the Coast Meridian Overpass.
- Extensive network of trails and bike lanes.
- Recreation centres with pools and arenas, sports fields, outdoor pools, the 25-km Traboulay PoCo Trail and free trailside gym stations.
- Mix of retail, new residential growth, institutional and light industrial developments.
- Commuter access to Vancouver, Burnaby or the North Shore via Highway 1, the Lougheed Highway or Skytrain with the recent addition of the Evergreen Skytrain extension to Coquitlam.