Presale Condos in Westside Vancouver, BC
The West Side of Vancouver is home to some of the most expensive real estate. The Downtown West Side consists mostly of Condos and Apartments. The West side south of Kitsilano is Primarily made up of single family detached homes, mixed in with townhouses and some low-rise and high-rise dwellings. Read more…
The West side refers to anything west of Main Street in Vancouver itself. The West End is an area off the downtown which is high rises to the max and the greatest density in Canada.
In the west side of Vancouver, the neighbourhoods are developed and mature. There are apartments and houses with many students of the University of British Columbia residing here. There are plenty of heritage homes in these neighbourhoods.
The Vancouver West Side Amenities
- The best beaches are on the west side Jericho, Locarno and Spanish Banks.
- Vancouver has good restaurants everywhere.
- The University of British Columbia
- The Musqueam Reserve and Pacific Spirit Park
- Southlands Riding Club
- Golf Courses, McLeery Golf course, UBC Golf Course, Point Grey Golf & Country Club, Musqueam Golf, Marine Drive Golf Club, Shaughnessy Golf & Country Club (private)
West Side Neighbourhoods:
- Arbutus Ridge
- False Creek
- Granville Island/Fairview – is a tourist area of the city. The notable public market is home to various shops and eateries. An artist haven is found nearby. Housing consists of co-ops, apartments and condos.
- South Cambie–Oakridge – an upper middle class neighbourhood in the centre of the city. Detached 1970s homes, some heritage properties. Oakridge Shopping Centre is located in the area.
- Kerrisdale– 41st Ave. is the areas shopping area
- Kitsilano – a beach-side community with a view of English Bay. Mix of homes and shops.
- Shaughnessy is home to the city’s affluent. Large detached houses some are heritage properties from pre-1950s.
- South Cambie– many medical centers and hospitals here.
- West Point Grey is a pre-1976 neighbourhood with a some UBC students and local families. The upper middle class to upper class lives here. Some luxury homes are found here.