Presale Condos in Surrey, BC
Surrey was incorporated as a municipality in 1879 but was not officially the City of Surrey until September of 1993. It is located in the Lower Mainland between the Fraser River and the U.S. border. In fact, Surrey is the gateway into the United States for all of Metro Vancouver. Read more…
The City of Surrey Information
In Metro Vancouver, Surrey is the largest city in terms of land space and the second most populated city with a population of 517, 885 residents with an increase of 11% since 2011 as seen in Surrey’s 2016 Census Data. Surrey is predicted to surpass Vancouver’s population in the next 10 years.
Surrey consists of urban, agricultural and rural areas. It is recognized as the fastest growing and the most culturally diverse cities in all of Canada. Surrey is also a geographically diverse city made up of six communities: Whalley/City Centre, Cloverdale, Guildford, South Surrey, Newton & Fleetwood. Each community has its own distinct focal points, but they all have top class amenities:
- Surrey’s Whalley/City Centre is on its way to becoming the second downtown as it is rapidly developing and converting into a pedestrian- & transit-friendly downtown core for shops, culture and entertainment. It is home to SFU Surrey, Surrey Memorial Hospital Holland Park. It is also where two Expo Line SkyTrain stations are located – Surrey Central and King George.
- Cloverdale is where you can visit Surrey’s heritage sites – Surrey Museum and Surrey Archives. It is also home to the proposed Clayton Community Centre anticipated for summer 2020. It is also where the annual Cloverdale Rodeo is hosted.
- The Guildford community is home to the second largest mall in BC – Guildford Town Centre – with over 200 stores.
- South Surrey is where you can find Surrey’s only, but very popular beach – Crescent Beach – as well as trails and recreation. It is also where the connections to the U.S. border lay.
- Newton is where you can find educational, recreational and cultural amenities, such as the Bell Centre for Performing Arts and the Newton Cultural Centre.
- In Fleetwood you can find the Fleetwood Community Centre, Surrey Sports & Leisure Complex and Fleetwood Park, which features multiple trails, gardens and sports fields.
To get an idea of real estate market trends in Surrey, refer to the most recent Fraser Valley Real Estate Board Statistics.