Living in Mount Pleasant
Mount Pleasant presale condo assignments are available in the area. A largely residential area with pubs and indie fashion shops along Main Street. Trendy restaurants in the Cambie Village. Mount Pleasant is known as one of the more up and coming neighbourhoods, especially in the communities surrounding Vancouver’s downtown peninsula. Once thought of as working-class area, it has undergone a process of gentrification since the early 1990s, including the area around the Main Street and Broadway intersection. Read more…
Mount Pleasant runs from False Creek southeast and up the slope toward the busy Mount Pleasant shopping district, where Broadway, Kingsway, and Main Street meet.
- Mount Pleasant is an eclectic area known for its heritage buildings, artistic residents, and arts-focused festivals.
- The area is popular with first-time homebuyers, urban professionals, and growing families.
- It’s also home to specialist outdoor stores selling kayaks, bikes and ski gear.
- Science World shows interactive exhibits and IMAX films in a geodesic dome.
- Mount Pleasant Community Centre at the intersection of Main St and Kingsway has programs for all ages and abilities.
- The neighborhood is served by the Canada Line, an extension of SkyTrain from Downtown Vancouver to Vancouver International Airport.