Living in Fairview
Fairview presale condo assignments are available on the west side of Vancouver. Fairview is in the central section of the city, from Granville Island along scenic False Creek to Science World, and south to Shaughnessy. It runs from 16th Avenue in the south, to Burrard Street in the west, to Cambie Street in the east, and to False Creek in the north. Read more…
Vancouver’s Fairview neighborhood earned its name in the late 1800s when “fair” still meant beautiful and views were unobstructed.
The neighbourhoods of False Creek, Burrard Slopes, Fairview Slopes and Fairview Heights all fall within Fairview.
- Fairview is home to one of Vancouver’s most popular attractions, Granville Island, and also the South Granville shopping district.
- In the 1970s and ’80s rezoning allowed for different housing options in Fairview, featuring the low-rise apartments that have become a fixture in the area’s real-estate market.
- Many residents are employed by Fairview’s medical centres, Vancouver General Hospital, including the B.C. Cancer Agency, the B.C. Cancer Research Centre and the B.C. Centre for Disease Control.
- Fairview also has the unique distinction of being home base for the Vancouver Courier, WE and the Georgia Straight newspapers.
- Stroll, bike or skateboard along the seawall that stretches all around Vancouver’s waterfront.