Presale Condos in Victoria, BC
The City of Victoria is located on the southern tip of Vancouver Island. Victoria, with its natural beauty, and modern cityscape enjoys the best climate in Canada. Read more…
Surrounded by the Pacific Ocean and forest, the City of Victoria has all of the comfort and quality of life in Vancouver, but with a slower quieter pace of life and significantly lower property prices.
Why is Victoria Good Investment for Presales and New Condos?
From a real estate investment perspective Victoria is widely seen as a safe bet as it has an extremely stable economy.
This is due in large part to the large and growing government presence compared to Vancouver and the rest of British Columbia. Victoria is British Columbia’s capital city with a large number of stable high paying civil service jobs in the city. The Royal Canadian Navy has its West Coast headquarters and large naval base in the Victoria suburb of Esquimalt. Victoria is also the location of several high quality universities and other post secondary institutions which offer more stable employment, but are also a draw for high quality tenants.
Victoria and Vancouver Island are also popular with retiree‘s and others who like the mild climate (warmer, less rain, and more sunshine than Vancouver) compared to the rest of Canada (Alberta in particular) and affordable housing compared to the Vancouver area.
The city was named after Queen Victoria and is one of the oldest cities in the Pacific coast and was founded in 1843. It has retained a large number of its historic buildings. The two most famous landmarks, Parliament Buildings (finished in 1897 and home of the Legislative Assembly of British Columbia) and the Empress hotel (opened in 1908).
Dane Kingsbury is Vancouver New Condo’s Victoria specialist and can help you with purchasing a Victoria presale property as well as assisting with the purchase and sale of existing properties. Should you sign up for information on presales in Victoria, Dane will be in touch to help.
The City of Victoria Amenities
- Population: 83,000 but serves as the metropolitan core for a region of 360,000
- Capital City of British Columbia
- Incorporated on August 2, 1862
- Over 3 million visitors annually Tourism Victoria
- Average of 2,183 hours of sunshine each year
- Average rainfall is 66.5 centimetres per year
- 1,600 signature hanging baskets displayed each summer
- Victoria is known as the City of Gardens with its perfect climate for growing. The city has an annual flower count of over 3.4 billion.
- Victoria’s Chinatown is the oldest in Canada, and Fan Tan Alley is the narrowest street in Canada.
- Victoria is one of the top 15 Friendliest Cities in the world.
- Canada’s Best City to Live in for Women,
- Seventh Best City and Second Best Small City in the world (by international travel and tourism magazine, Condé Nast).
- As the provincial capital, the Parliament buildings have bright lights nightly.
- One of the most bike-friendly cities in Canada. With hundreds of kilometres of cycle paths, including the Galloping Goose Regional Trail.
- Half a million cups of tea are served annually at the Fairmont Empress.
- Local Farming Vancouver Island has over 2,800 farms, with nearly 1,000 in the Greater Victoria Region and 700 in the Cowichan Valley.
- The world’s tallest totem pole is in Victoria’s Beacon Hill Park.
- Vancouver Island as one of the best cold-water diving destinations on earth, recognized by National Geographic and Jacques Cousteau Society.
- In the waters off Victoria, there are three resident pods of orca (killer) whales totalling 76 whales.
- The Art Gallery of Greater Victoria has the most fabulous collection of Asian art in Canada.
- There are over one million annual visitors to Butchart Gardens
- The Royal BC Museum is one of the foremost cultural institutions in the world.