Updated Jun 12, 2018
About the Service
Mike Stewart PREC (Personal Real Estate Corporation) is a real estate service based in Vancouver, British Columbia. Our service provides information free of charge to consumers and Realtors who demonstrate an interest in real estate opportunities in the Vancouver, British Columbia metro area, and other regions that we may operate in (our “service area”).
Mike Stewart PREC operates a number of websites which collect data via web-based signup forms. These websites include
Compliance with International Privacy & Data Collection Standards
We undertake to operate in compliance with international best-practice standards for data collection and privacy, including
- GDPR (the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation of 2016)
- CASL (Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation, the Canadian law on spam and other electronic threats, of 2014)
- CAN-SPAM (the US legislation, Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography And Marketing Act, of 2003)
We collect personal information using web-based signup forms on our various websites. By submitting personal information in one of these forms, our website visitors automatically subscribe to our email bulletin service and provide their consent to receive messages. Persons who subscribe to our service are referred to as “members”.
We do not use any of the following means to collect consent:
- pre-ticked boxes
- hidden fields
By subscribing to our email bulletin service, you are demonstrating an interest in receiving email bulletins about topics related to real estate opportunities in the Vancouver, British Columbia metro area, and other regions that we may operate in (our “service area”). You also consent to be reached by other means of communication.
Methods of communication
Personal contact information you submit to us is collected at MailChimp, an email marketing service. Our primary means of contacting you with real estate information is via email.
In addition, if you provide us with a mobile telephone number, you are providing us with consent to contact you via SMS (Short Message Service, aka “text messages”).
We use an automatic messaging service which sends messages to new subscribers in order to gain information about their real estate service needs. New subscribers may receive these messages via email or text message automatically upon subscribing.
Lawful basis for processing personal data
Our basis for handling your personal data is your interest in information about real estate. We assume that, by subscribing to our email bulletin service, you are demonstrating an interest in
- receiving email bulletins about topics related to real estate opportunities in the Vancouver, British Columbia metro area, and other regions that we may operate in (our “service area”)
- learning about opportunities to buy real estate in our service area
- learning about newly-announced property developments in our service area
If you decide that you are not interested in receiving this information, you may opt out using MailChimp’s system. Opt-out requests are processed instantly and automatically.
You have the right to control the personal information that we collect from you, and limit how we use it.
Personal contact information you submit to us is collected at MailChimp, an email marketing service. You may gain access to update this data, including your name, email address and related contact information, by using MailChimp’s self-management tools.
Subject access requests
Upon request we will disclose the information we have on file about you. This includes contact information such as that discussed in the previous section.
If we should ever suffer a data breach in which a third party gains access to our database of personal information, the following steps will be taken.
- We will re-secure our account so as to prevent further breach
- We will notify our members of the breach
- We will co-operate with the authorities in any case where there is suspicion of, or has been, criminal activity involved in a data breach
There is no information involved which could expose you to security risk. Passwords are not stored in our personal information databases.